Monday, October 1, 2007

Three Months of Hard Work

Wow! I just realized that I have completed three whole months of doing Jenny Craig! I'm a little nervous because this is the same amount of time I fizzled out on all my other weightloss attempts. The thing I'm having the most trouble with now is not cheating. I feel so weak at times. During this trying time, I was able to eat out at a restaurant. Yesterday my daughter wanted to eat at Cracker Barrel but I cleverly talked her into eating at Chili's with me (she hates Applebees). I am proud to say that I ordered the "guiltless chicken platter" which had the most benefecial nutrition info as listed in my Jenny Craig Dining Out Guide. It was really good too. Prior to deciding to eat there, I actually did consider Cracker Barrel, McDonalds and Sonic, so I'm thrilled with the outcome. This feels like a major accomplishment given my shrinking will power.

I want to thank my Jenny Craig buddies, a.k.a. extended family, who are ever so encouraging to me. They always know what to say and what I need to hear. I'm thinking we can do this if we know that we can really turn to each other for support when it gets difficult.

I also want to thank my husband (Mike) and daughter (Olivia) for providing me with ongoing support. My daughter is the best at getting me out to walk! She is my biggest cheerleader! Thanks to her 'nagging' me about signing us up for a 5K next weekend, I did it! And my husband, talk about support! Not once has he complained about his meals at home or the weekly cost of doing this weightloss plan. He encourages me all the time and notices changes in the way I look. That does wonders for my self esteem and desire to succeed.

I am reminding myself, "It is a brand new month, so get movin'!"

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey girl, you are doing great and have awesome motivation going. Keep up the great work, it most definetly will pay off. Do not think about where you were before with your weight loss attempts, you need to think about where you are now, that is what matters. Keep up the great work.

If it is to be it is up to me! said...

Thank you Lisa!!!!

Cathy said...

I love this post! so motivating and I am so glad to be part of this group! we need to plan some kind of group meeting for the future! maybe a weekend in Vegas?? hmmmm... anywhoo...
you keep up the good work and I will promise to kick my exercising up a notch or TWO! I hear you on the shrinking will power. I can still feel it down there but I am fighting a burn out for some reason too. I love this program though so I don't know exactly what is going on but sounds like we are in the same boat! we will just have to continue to encourage each other and we will get thru it.

J Duarte said...

Hi Traci, Congrats on 3 months with JC. You can do this!

Did you get your walking today? I can't wait to get home and jump on the treadmill after reading your post! Thanks for the encouragment!

Goooo Team!

-JD

If it is to be it is up to me! said...

Thanks! You guy/gals are great!

It really would be cool to meet up one day. I have an enormous fear of flying but I'm not afraid to drive!!