Friday, September 28, 2007

CALL ME A SHRINKING SNAIL

I was so excied to weigh this week. I walked six straight days, totally out of character for me. I think I must have been reincarnated as a snail because after working so hard I lost a whopping .6 of a SINGLE pound. I seem to be going at a snail's pace lately. I haven't been too upset over it today because we took new measurements and I do like the results. To date I have lost 22.2 pounds and 18 inches from my body (not including my legs and arms because they only measure the torso at my Jenny Craig centre).

One realization I had this week is that I have been skipping my afternoon fruit snack. Looking back at my second week (when I lost 7.6 pounds in a single week) I ate at least two fruit servings a day, one being in the afternoon. I really feel that I should be eating this afternoon fruit serving to help keep my metabolism raised. This is what I'm going to focus on during the coming week, as well as to complete my weekly exercise challenge with my wonderful "Chat Brat" companions.

I am planning to participate in a 5K walk next Saturday morning, October 6th. The last time I did this was when I worked for Nike in Oregon. This is a little more than 3 miles so I hope I can make it. It is for a good cause, to raise money for AIDS orphans in South Africa. I got the idea to do this from Javier (JD) who is also doing one. I will be sure to take some pictures to share to prove that I actually did it. (I won't believe it until I see it for myself, but remember, I'm from the "Show Me" state!) My daughter, Olivia, is excited to do this with me. She is only 7 years old so I'm not sure how she will do. We will probably be snails for the 5K too but that is fine with me as long as I cross the finish line!

2 comments:

J Duarte said...

Hi Traci, I am dieing today, I think I over did it with my walk and painting and shopping all in the same day.

Hang in there I think you had a bigger loss than .6 pounds, remeber last week you thought you had a gain, well you lost your gain plus .6 more. That is excellent! You are doing good.

I just read you will be doing a 5k too on the 6th like me. Cool I am proud of you! You are awesome! You can do it! Goo Traci!

J Duarte said...

Go Traci Gooooooo!