Monday, September 24, 2007

Four days and counting...

It is crunch time! I have a meeting with the scales (in just four days) Friday morning at 10:20. Since I didn't step on the scales at last Friday's meeting, I'm anxious to see where I'm at. I have managed to walk Saturday, Sunday and today. I plan to continue this the rest of the week. I was doing excellent (food-wise) until Saturday when my family and my sister's family decided to meet for lunch at Chili's. For some reason I had brain fog and ordered some Shanghai boneless chicken wings and an order of mashed potatoes. I tried sharing so that I wouldn't "have to" eat it all, but I was only able to give away 2 pieces of chicken and a few bites of mashed potatoes. (Dang them! It is all THEIR fault!) To be completely honest, my daughter got the molten chocolate cake (one of MY old favorites) and of course I had to have a few tastes. When I got home I felt awful because I was about to explode! I decided to skip my supper altogether to hopefully account for at least some of the damage. I am choosing not to beat myself up over this little stumble because the old me would have eaten like this a few times in one week. I am different now. If I want to endulge once in a while, I will. I am an adult and can make my own choices. I have learned how to give up some things in order to have something special once in a while. What I am still trying to tackle is how to eat smaller portions of things I truly love.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know the whole portion thing seems to boggle alot of minds, the problem is going out to dinner or any other meal, they do not consider portion control at all, so how are we suppose to go out and enjoy if the portions that they give us are out of control. You can do it, I know that you can, keep your head up high,and do not let anything stand in your way.

J Duarte said...

Great Job Traci! I see you got the hang of the labels. :) next I'll teach you how to change your template if you want. haha

J Duarte said...

Good luck with your weigh in today! Sending you skinny vibes~~~~~~~~..~~`..`~~~