Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Changes, changes, changes...

I've been taking it easy on the dieting. I haven't gained thank goodness! I still have 13.7 more to lose and it's a slow process for me but this is by far the best summer I've had in many years. I've actually been wearing shorts and skirts!

I have been going through some stressful things but I have not been turning to food. If anything, I've had no appetite at all. After 20 years my husband and I are walking our separate ways. It's really a good thing for us given our unique situation. We are still able to be great friends which will be wonderful for our daughter.

I've been looking for a job for months and I think I'm getting close! I have a third/final interview with a great company in downtown Kansas City this Friday. I am really hoping for a good outcome so that I can start this new chapter in my life.

Sorry no pictures to post! I have no new ones! I would love to have some pics taken with my daughter this Fall and / or for holiday cards.

Happy dieting everyone! (And maintaining!)

5 comments:

May said...

Hi Traci,

Sorry to hear about the separation; I wish you the very best on your new chapter in life.

CONGRATULATIONS on not turning to food, that is the main thing...learning to turn to other things when we are stressed, etc.

Hugs,

May

MaryJoNM said...

Traci,
I had a suspicion, but this the first time I have been on BlogSpot since April I think.
I am going through the same thing after 33 years married and 36 years of knowing Tom.
We will also remain friends, and business partners. That will be great for our daughters and grandsons. Probably extra nice as they will see us double time.
Take care, enjoy the new job. You start Monday right?
That is so exciting.
I am here for you anytime.
The 13.7 will come off, do eat your little meals to keep your metabolism up.
Life is full of ups and downs and if any one can make it happen it is you.
Love you,
Mary Jo

J Duarte said...

You are doing awesome! Im proud of your weight loss success :)

Keep me posted on your new job! I just got back from my 3 week vacation :) Just in time for our IKE hurricane. oh boy! haha

May said...

Hi Traci,

Miss hearing from ya!! How are you?? What's up??

Hugs,

May

Anonymous said...

where have you been? blog.....